Nicholas B. Miuccio
Nicholas B. Miuccio
Nicholas Byron Miuccio, achieved his Bachelors of Engineering from Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ in 1999. First working as a project Engineer traveling the country for 2 years he later was accepted into the Electrical Local, Union 102. As a Journey Wireman he was able to work on large project such as the new state of the art Grey Stone hospital facility in Morris Plains (with over a 100 electricians working at one time) and a Military Testing lab utilizing 450 Volt equipment. At that time he spent his evenings taking advantage of the schooling offered to the members. First acquiring his NJ electrical license in 2006, then continuing in 2009 to achieve his NJ electrical inspectors, sub-code, and Construction official License #009944.
After leaving the local, Nicholas, started a company aptly called Miuccio, LLC which later changed names to A Miuccio LLC and now is known as 1 LLC. This company starting out as an electrical maintenance company soon found itself on the forefront of the passive home movement and after extensive training through LEED, RESNET, and BPI (going thru building analyst, envelope, Heating, cooling, all the way to multi-family) was listed on the NJ Home Performance with energy Star website. 1 LLC, was now offering energy Auditing and Retrofits. Completing over 62 projects saving customers an average of 33% on their utility bills and improving IAQ and comfort in the homes of NJ. Training took places as far as Texas thanks to our involvement with spray foam insulation and the large chemical company Lapolla) where we had several employees including Nicholas certified as spray foam applicators. Seeing the need to expand and offer plumbing and HVAC services, Nicholas took a hiatus from the company to work with a local Licensed Master plumber for a year, to learn the trade and qualify for the NJ master Plumbers exam. So in 2012 proudly became a NJ master Plumber #12,930. Shortly later in 2014 the state of New Jersey grandfather Nicholas into the new Master HVAC-R license #2,748.
With the new energy codes and the higher efficiency of heating and cooling equipment being released, the need for skilled and knowledgeable installers was and still is necessary. The new equipment with its venting, gas requirements, and primary-secondary piping required factory trained contractors, and 1 LLC stepped up. The constant training and the abundance of service calls of correcting others installs helped 1 LLC be at the top of the Factory authorized and service installer list of almost every well known product, from Rinnai’s condensing on demand water heaters to Fujistu’s ultra SEER rated Heat pumps.
Things were busy to say the least, so in 2015 Nicholas restructured into multiple companies, each with its highly recognized leaders of their profession.
Currently, Nicholas is the Part Time Electrical Inspector in Englewood, NJ. This job is allowing him into the inner workings of the construction office and how others interpret the electrical code across all jobs both big and small. This has been one of his most eye opening and satisfactory jobs so far. He then spends the rest of the week as the bona fide rep for his other companies overseeing and directing the crews for the work throughout the state.
As one can see, a thirst for knowledge and a curiosity on how energy is used, stored, and transported has kept Nicholas on the quest for non-stop growth. With the horizons now set on a NYC electrical License and a possibly other business opportunities here and abroad, Nicholas will keep making strides in how we build and maintain our infrastructures.
- “Master plumber” means a person licensed pursuant to this amendatory and supplementary
- act who has the qualifications, training, experience and technical knowledge
- necessary to properly plan, lay out, install and repair plumbing apparatus and equipment and to supervise
- others in the performance of such work in accordance with standards, rules and regulations
- established by the State board;
- “State board” means the State Board of Examiners of Master Plumbers established
- pursuant to section 3 of P.L. 1968, c. 362 (C. 45:14C-3);
- “Act” means this act and the rules and regulations adopted under it;
- “Bona fide representative” means a licensed master plumber who is the holder of not less
- than 10% of the issued and outstanding shares of stock in a corporation, or not less than 10% of
- the capital of a partnership, or not less than 10% of the ownership of any other firm or legal
- entity engaging in the business of plumbing contracting in the State of New Jersey;